"Show of Hands"


Apart from mocking about, pattering here & there in this blog of mine, I still have another addiction - watching films...I so love watching movies, especially Rialto films.
I've just been yesterday & watched this kiwi film and it was so good ! it is called "Show of Hands", based on a novel with the same name and it starred, of course, kiwi and hollywood actress Melanie Lynskey & Craig Hall.
It is a small town drama about a bankrupt caryard owner/manager who came up with a contest to try to save his business: he was giving away a Land Rover to whoever succeeds in holding onto the car the longest! ( unique plot eh? ), this went on for five days, even breaking the Guiness world record.

The story revolved on the participants. A surprise ending was in store too, excellent film. Got my moneys worth. Sigh! my story telling won't do it justice, all I know is that it was pretty engaging & heartwarming. Finito.

P.S. >> the soundtrack is amazing...Anika Moa rocks!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a major movie buff