Enough !

I am just sick of it. I am sick how women are being used as a bait to sell various products in the market, how we are 'packaged' by media as meat ! and not for being the women that we are- we have brains and not just bodies goodness sakes!

We are mothers who nurture our children, we are sisters, we are daughters, we are friends.


...AND women- well, we tolerate that image (sigh!). It infuriates me how our anatomy is used merely as sexual objects in todays world and we allow it, knowingly or not...just by the clothes that we wear and how we behave ourselves.

Hmmm, i know not all women share this opinion, I might even come across as a puritan & heck, maybe I am too- but I don't care how I am labeled. I stand for the truths that I know and it just sickens me how women are abused, raped, undermined and exploited because I know & you know that we deserve better.

Man, I am not a feminist but I sure understand where they're coming from...

I think it is time that women realize and stand for who we are and refuse all the rubbish sent our way.

Let's go back to being 'ladies' again, in the very sense of the word and let us be good examples to our children.

Nothing wrong with that, I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. While the female body does have its aesthetic value and I find it rather pleasing to admire I get sickened when confronted with a woman's body to sell a product. I agree with you that women need to retake their lady-esque status and refuse to portray themselves as sex objects that "sell" products.

Erin said...

Yup, thanks for agreeing with that, esp. coming from a man ^_^.
juft feel it's time for a change.

Heather said...

What are you talking about?! Of course you're a feminist! A feminist is someone who believes in the inherent rights of a female (and all others) as equal, that women are smart, have worth, and should be treated well. Do you believe women have the right to vote? The fight to have that legal right is where the term feminist came from. You don't have to be butch to be a feminist, you don't have to be a Bobbit to be a feminist. It's just about equal rights, equal pay, equality at home. Sounds like you don't know it yet, but you're a feminist! As Martha Stewart, queen of home style and a kick-a$$ capitalist says, It's A Good Thing. :)
PS: I love your blog theme! It's gorgeous!

Erin said...

Gee, well,erm... i kinda don't agree with every thing they say but i guess i am, in part a feminist.
Thanks for that flashbulb moment anyway ^_^
Cheers!