In Retrospect -- post imported from my other blog :)

Another day, another story:
Well, we travelled over to Rotorua to attend a so called workshop called 'Therapeutic touch' & it ended up being a Reiki session after all...hmp, what a waste of time and energy :( I should've stayed home. Needless to say, we were disappointed, we expected more. The whole seminar was more like a joke!

The speaker was from Colorado and for fairness sake, she was a nurse and she does have all those Ph D's under her belt but hmmm...I suggest she take a course on public speaking because most of us had our eyes shut halfway. I almost went to sleep ! I have to disturb a whole row of people as I got up to go to the loo, I needed to splash some cold water on my face lest I sleep through her talk (more of a chat, really) and snore the remaining time away (chuckle...).

She wrapped up the lecture of twenty minutes with a Q&A- and that was the best part because the questions, replies and comments ranged from the overly simplistic, as in common sense, to the outright absurd. It elicited reactions from me from a raised eyebrow, a smirk to a bellyache (as I was trying to supress an outburst of giggles!). Ho-hum.
There was one comment from the audience where a grunt escaped from my pursed lips & it took all my energy to keep it in & I pretended I was coughing (ha,ha,ha...LESSON: coughing is always a good strategy to cover up unwanted response)- a woman was sharing her Reiki experience and she talked about getting exhausted by it all and so she stopped doing it for fear of- in her own words & I quote "universal repercussions" !
What the !
So, I kept looking at my watch, am getting really fidgety by now because of all the nonsense going on and guess what? I decided to ask her a question myself...
I asked her- 'will the healing occur on a patient/person if they themselves doubt this kind of alternative therapy?' I asked that question to confirm my suspicion that Reiki is placebo more than anything...Her answer? I quote "If someone is against you, just pray for peace...pray for your enemies"
HUH? it's not April Fools day today was it?
Jeepers...

0 comments: